Apr 3, 2008

Featuring Infamous Commonwealth Theatre

Well, I started off typing out some shallow thoughts on the whole "mission" conundrum that non-profit organizations face. And I thought to myself, "Self, this is not exciting, and it's not making you very happy. Write a blog entry that amuses you in the hopes that it will amuse others." And then my other self, the one that responds to self one said, "OK, self!"

Every month, ICT has a featured member on the website. This month it is Paul Joseph.

And so, I have decided that, for tonight, Infamous Commonwealth Theatre is a person. On behalf of that person, I am playing the 7 Questions game.

Q: What is your most vivid memory of childhood?

A: Winning the academic decathalon in 6th grade.

Q: What is your favorite vice?

A: Holding really long meetings.

Q: What is the first show you were ever in, and what was the experience like?


A: I was in a production of Star Spangled Girl by Neil Simon. I thought that it lacked depth and I vowed from that point on to never participate in another theatrical experience that didn't involve one of the following things: copious amounts of drinking, rape, incest, or death. I am currently reexamining my commitment to this vow.

Q: What is the biggest challenge you face as an artist in Chicago?

A: People asking me how I got my name.

Q: What is the best smell in the world?

A: Genevieve Thompson

Q: What aspect of the season topic Righteousness is most interesting to you?

A: That when people say it, I imagine the sea turtle from Finding Nemo shouting "Righteous! Righteous!"

Q: How would you describe your dream home?

A: Um. A theatre.

No comments: