May 22, 2008

Speaking with Robert Schenkkan

Near the end of our production of Lewis and Clark Reach the Euphrates, we were honored to have playwright Robert Schenkkan attend and participate in a post-show discussion.

For me, it is immensely gratifying to see our audience looking like they do in this picture here. Engaged, and dare I say it, large! I know the photo is tiny, but it is worth including. To me it is a snapshot of our mission in action. We are a company devoted to one topic per season. Inherent to our mission is reflection and discussion about that chose topic and the plays we produce to illuminate it. Proof we are succeeding. YES!

Mr. Schenkkan's was gracious and terribly interesting during the post show discussion. I suppose for the purposes of this blog, I should have recorded it and put a little part of it on here, but I have to be honest that I am not built that way. It was a huge honor for me personally that he was there to attend, and it felt rather foolish to try to milk it for more. I just wanted to enjoy the moment. So, I sat in the audience and even posed a question.
For those of you thinking, what a stupid idiot. I want to hear more of what he said. Well, we plan to bring you more post-show discussion next season. I'll never provide transcripts. So I suggest you come on out yourself. And if you do, maybe, just maybe, you'll be as happy as Mr. Schenkkan and director Chris Maher here.

1 comment:

anonymous said...

maybe next season... video clips? easier than transcribing, and content-rich for the far-away losers like me... :)