Feb 25, 2008

Back in the saddle

Keely and Du opened to an enthusiastic house on Saturday. We already received our first review. Highly recommended! Here is my list of the 5 tops things I had forgotten about opening a show.

1. Doing physical and vocal warms up, while incredibly useful, makes me feel like a total tool.

2. The entire day before opening feels a bit like the first trimester of pregnancy.

3. People bring you a ton of snacks in the dressing room beforehand, none of which I can eat due to the fact that I spit on Paul Joseph in the second act and don't want the spit to be laced with chocolate. Mmmmm.

4. It's unsettling to accidentally make eye contact with audience members when your focus, as mine is for the vast majority of the show, is on the invisible fourth wall.

5. Somehow the extensive conversations about oddly unrelated topics right before curtain (e.g. gay basketball players or our digestive systems) are oddly calming.

Come see the show. Book your tickets now!!!

1 comment:

anonymous said...

OK, I didn't time this right the first time. Now does anybody have any comments to make here?

Congratulations to everyone involved in the show. You're in my thoughts!